Monday, April 19, 2010

One Fine Day


This is Mill's Lake located in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's such a beautiful destination for a hike and spend an afternoon or an entire day to paint or just hang out. This was one of those paintings that I really enjoyed. Making that sunset come alive actually inspired me. I've been coming to this place for many many years, and each time I come here, it still feels like my first time. Like visiting an old friend, and we pick up where we left off last time we were together. I wonder what it sees throughout the cold winter, and how peaceful the evenings must be after all the tourists are gone and no one is to be seen sans the elk, beaver, chipmunks, nuthatchers, and other denizens of this mountain hideaway.
It has definitely been one fine day.
"One Fine Day"
14" x 18"
Oil on canvas

No comments: