Friday, February 27, 2009

Breathe


Day one of my first blog. Puttin' it out there. The ramblings of a full-time artist and I do some instructing as well.

I live in Colorado. I've lived here for some 30 years. It's a great place to be if you love painting the landscape. There's plenty here to explore and paint. The opportunities I get when I am alone in the wilderness with my canvas and paints and the sound of the raven cawing and a trout jumping for a bite breaks the silence of the wind echoing through the mountain terrain. It is heaven on earth. The senses are full. Sometimes even on overload. Everything is absorbed. The sun blazing on the back of my neck. The piney smell of juniper trees. The taste of the sweet atmosphere rising from the cool luscious lake. The beauty in every glance. The sound of birds chattering and singing from their tree-top perch. Get that down on canvas. Channel it all through the brush. Share it for all to enjoy and experience.
"Traffic Jam" 12" x 16" oil on canvas

No comments: